The ACORN Mission
The ACORN team are dedicated to developing solutions which promote social inclusion, health, wellbeing and encourage digital citizenship for all ages.
- Bespoke Age Friendly Platform Developed in Ireland 2016 – 2018
- Age-Friendly Design
- Remote Device Management.
- Simplified Communication
- Makes it easy for older people to access a greater number of online services
- Successful national trials (Sep 2018 / 2019)
- Launched in Oct 2019
- Trial Review Participants and Stakeholders
- User Feedback
- Work with Louth Local Authority
- Work with Fingal Local Authority
The ACORN is a smart tablet based solution, purpose-built to solve the challenge of online adoption and to improve the quality of life for the user. It solves the adoption challenge through intuitive age friendly design, providing content that is immediately relevant to the user in a closed secure network. ACORN differentiates itself from generic tablets by servicing the users core needs through 3 interaction elements. Inform, Interact and Involve.